Telehealth and E-Visits
Offering Telehealth and E-Visits to our patients, their family members and friends!
What are Telehealth and E-visits?
This is a convenient service for people in our communities who are unable or unwilling to physically attend physical therapy visits, wellness visits, or physical therapy consultations outside of their home or work.
- Are you in need of physical therapy but your doctor mandated that you stay home for your own health and safety?
- Are you an elderly client and afraid to leave your home?
- Do you have a compromised immune system?
- Are you a parent who has children home from school and either you OR your child are in need of physical therapy?
- Do you struggle with time constraints due to a busy life?
- Do you have difficulties/challenges leaving your home?
- Do you live in a rural setting?
Is transportation unavailable for you to get to the physical therapy clinic?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, then Telehealth and E-Visits are perfect for you.
All you need is a computer with a camera (desktop, laptop, tablet, phone) and an internet connection. Don’t have a computer? No Problem. Do you have a cellphone? Great, that will work too!
The physical therapists at Chesapeake Bay Physical Therapy are committed to you and your rehabilitation. We will be able to talk to (and video conference) you about your concerns.
With Telehealth and E-Visits we can:
- Review and/or revise your home exercise program
- Assess your mobility
- Provide a home SAFETY screen
- Educate to help prevent future injuries and hospital readmissions
- Provide suggestions to help reduce your pain and improve your overall health
- Perform post-discharge checkups and provide post-rehab programs
- Provide wellness and preventative services to avoid hospitalizations
- Monitor post-surgical patients
FAQ for Physical Therapy Telehealth and E-visits
Do I need to make an appointment for Virtual-Visits?
Yes! With all of the information and concerns being released regarding Covid-19, our appointments are filling up fast.
Do I need to be a current client/patient of Chesapeake Bay Physical Therapy to take advantage of your virtual-visits?
No! We understand that things come up and we want to be with you in the comfort of your home if you are unable to come to our practice.
Do I need to be prepared for anything for our first visit?
Yes! Once you call to schedule your appointment, you will be sent instructions on filling out paperwork, consent to treat, and “Getting ready for your Telehealth/E-Visit session”. Upon scheduling your appointment, you will also have the option to select the type of appointment and payment information to pay for your session(s) upon scheduling.
Are Telehealth and E-Visits covered by my insurance?
Maybe. Please contact your insurance carrier to confirm it is covered under your plan.
The following insurances have announced they will be covering TeleHealth visits as regular PT visits:
Johns Hopkins (USFHP, PP, EHP)
Humana Military (Tricare)
Your copay and deductible would apply.
Currently Medicare is covering one (1) Evisit per week. If you have Medicare and would like additional treatments, please see the cash option below.
If you do not have insurance or your insurance does not cover Telehealth at the moment, Chesapeake Bay Physical Therapy is offering a 30 minute treatment session for $40 per FOLLOW UP session.
Take advantage now for a complimentary discovery phone call to see if Virtual-Visits are the right fit for your physical therapy needs.
Call us today at our clinics and let us know how we can help!
The following clinical locations are still open with limited hours:
Bowie: (301) 262-5852
Open daily 9AM-6PM
Laurel: (301) 498-2212
Severna Park: (410) 315-9080
Lutherville: (410) 308-3543
Reisterstown patients: please contact the Lutherville location, as Greg Chrest is treating in Lutherville
Chesapeake Bay Physical Therapy is following all CDC guidelines. Rooms and Equipment are sanitized throughout the day and we are limiting the number of clients in any given hour to allow for social distancing.
We hope this information helps each of you and we hope you take advantage of this new and upcoming service being offered at Chesapeake Bay Physical Therapy!
Please stay safe and healthy!
Chesapeake Bay Physical Therapy Team