If you are in pain, we don’t have to tell you how bad it can get. You don’t want to do anything. You just want to lie in bed and refrain from moving. However, without therapy, you can never expect to improve your quality of life. Luckily, there is a solution: Aquatic Therapy, which can be used to treat a variety of patients to accelerate recovery.
Aquatic therapy can be used to effectively treat a number of diseases and disabilities, including:
Benefits of Aquatic Therapy
- The buoyancy of the water allows for walking, running, and various movement activities without full weight-
- Because of #1, aquatic therapy allows patients to begin rehabilitation much earlier than traditional physical therapy allows.
- The buoyancy of the water helps ease joint pain.
- The viscosity of the water allows for variable resistance.
- Aquatic therapy decreases edema due to hydrostatic pressure of water.
- The hydrostatic pressure of the water helps improves breathing capacity.
- Aquatic therapy helps improve posture and body mechanics.
- Aquatic therapy decreases muscle tension and allows for a better relaxation response.
- And more!
Who can Benefit from Aquatic Therapy?
Aquatic therapy is the perfect choice for anyone suffering from pain that makes traditional physical therapy impossible. Other candidates for aquatic therapy include: those requiring limited weight-bearing, joint protection, or rehab with emphasis on cardiovascular and general strength conditioning.
Chesapeake Bay Aquatic & Physical Therapy: Timonium Aquatic Therapy Center
At Chesapeake Bay Aquatic & Physical Therapy we treat patients of all ages, backgrounds and interests and our therapists have experience treating a wide range of injuries and disease, including all of the ones mentioned above.
If you have any questions about our Aquatic Therapy, please contact Chesapeake Bay Aquatic & Physical Therapy by visiting cbayaquapt.com today! And if you are a new patient, please review our New Patient Forms page before your first visit.